Far Above Rubies

"A worthy woman who can find? For her price is far above rubies." (Proverbs 31:10)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Never listen to your heart

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? ~Jeremiah 17:9

That's a very well known and often quoted verse by believers. I think it's a verse that all Christian women ought to remember.

Women in general, mostly young ladies, tend to often think with their heart. It also seems to be a worthy piece of advice, "do whatever you heart tells you to" or "listen to your heart". It irritates me when I hear these words!

The Bible says that the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked.

Never listen to you heart. Always trust in the Lord your God.

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. ~Psalms 37:5

And here's what to do with you heart:

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. ~Psalms 62:8

Now there's a worthy piece of advice from God's own Holy Word.

6 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Excellent post. The hear is indeed deceitful.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Redeemed said...

Thanks, Matt.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Carey said...

Amen, Sarah! When you trust in your emotions you can get yourself into a lot of trouble. That's really hard for women because we are such emotional creatures.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Redeemed said...

Thank you, Carey.

Women are emotional and we have to be wise not to let our "feelings" get in the way, but to put our trust in the Lord.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Cass said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Cass said...

I love this. It's so true not to listen to our hearts because of the very verse listed above. I use to listen to my heart, and it led me down some very dark paths when I thought I was doing good and had good intentions.
Now I don't follow my heart, or allow my feelings to lead me. The only sure thing that should lead our lives is the truth of God's Word, that's our anchor for sure! And His Word never changes :) My life is soooo much better now that it is God led, not my heart-led.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home