Far Above Rubies

"A worthy woman who can find? For her price is far above rubies." (Proverbs 31:10)

Monday, April 03, 2006

Deep stuff or just scratching the surface

There is a general feeling that meetings for women should be set in a home-like atmosphere making it more cozy because women are more delicate or fancy. I realize it is natural for women to want to decorate their meeting rooms and bake a cake for fellowship time and I am not against being stylish. However sometimes we get carried away and the meetings end up being nothing more than just a tea party.

I personally prefer meetings that are more focused around prayer and bible study where the purpose is discussing personal issues in light of biblical standards, than just having a debate on issues that hardly scratch the surface. I believe that godly women are just as capable of handling deep stuff as godly men are.

7 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Carey said...

Amen!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Consecrated said...

That's right.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Redeemed said...

Yes, very true.

Especially now, at this stage in my life, I need to be fed spiritually.

Besides, tea parties are wayyyy too perky for me.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Well, I tend to be in favour of most Church meetings being in homes, not just ladies meetings. I hope to post on this subject when I get the internet back.

However, I do realise the downsides of home meetings.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Carey said...

I like a balance of the two.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Consecrated said...

I will go to home meetings only as a fellowship and a social. Home meetings were good for the early church because Christians were under heavy persecution in those days.

Home meetings should not replace church meetings.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I shall have to hurry up and post on this subject.

I think there are disadvantages to both Church meetings in homes and Church meetings in buildings.

In the balance, I think I would tend to come down more on the side of Churches meetings in homes.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home