Far Above Rubies

"A worthy woman who can find? For her price is far above rubies." (Proverbs 31:10)

Saturday, August 26, 2006

"Inward Gaze"

Not sure of the exact date that I wrote this, but it was back in 2001, so I would have been fourteen at the time.

"Inward Gaze"
Carey Nofziger, 2001

My gaze is turning inward;
Lord, turn my eyes to those
Who, for the sake of Jesus,
Suffer trials and woes.

My eyes are on myself, Lord,
Please pluck them if you must,
So that I shall be dependant
And in You only trust.

My thoughts are on my fate, Lord,
Please turn them towards the goal
Of planting seeds of gospel truth,
And fishing for some souls.

My heart is broken so, Lord,
Please mend it up again,
So that I can be more cheerful
And be a fisher of men.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Thank you, Carey.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Redeemed said...

Amen, makes for a great prayer.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Redeemed said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Carey said...

You're very welcome, Katy.

Sarah: sure does!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home