Far Above Rubies

"A worthy woman who can find? For her price is far above rubies." (Proverbs 31:10)

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Isaiah 55:8-11*

8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. "

I find this passage particularly comforting. God's thoughts are not my thoughts and His ways are higher than mine. So often do I find myself worrying over things that I should not even be concerned with. As if Satan or man could change God's plans! When I think of this Scripture, my worries suddenly seem very small and almost childish. God's Word does not return void, and His promises will come to pass. I can rest in that! Isn't that a wonderful comfort to know for the believer? God will accomplish what He set out to do -- not only that, but it will prosper!

*New King James Version

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Redeemed said...

Amen!

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Carey said...

Amen, Sarah and Mama! Thanks for the additional Scriptures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home